- Andreas Zaunseder
- Edinburgh UK
- email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Interests
- Historical sociology, political theory, Social theory, Economic Sociology, Political Sociology, alternative festivals and collective joy, workers co-operatives, alternatives to capitalism, Sociology of Sustainability, Environmental Sociology, Sociology of Education, Education for Sustainable Development
Dr Trevor Stack (University of Aberdeen)
Dr Cristina Flesher Fominaya (Loughborough University)
Teaching (University of Edinburgh)
- "Marxist and Socialist Feminism", 3 October 2018 (Contemporary Feminist Debates)
- "Drug Trade on the Darknet Cryptomarkets", 29 March 2018 (Sociology of Intoxication)
- "Marxist and Socialist Feminism", 3 October 2017 (Contemporary Feminist Debates)
- "Economic Justice: A Case for Worker Cooperatives", 3 March 2017 (Sustainable Development 2A)
- Sustainable Development 2A (Summer semester 2017/2018)
- Sustainable Development 1A (Winter semester 2016/2017)
- Sustainable Development 2A (Summer semester 2016/2017)
- Sustainable Development 1A (Winter semester 2015/2016)
- Sociology 1B (Summer semester 2015/2016)
- Sociology 2B (Summer semester 2015/2016)
Talks and Papers
- "Turn to the Darknet", Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas, Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, 11 August 2018
- "Online Anonymity"; at the Academic Salon hosted by Sociology Society, University of Edinburgh (invited), 12 October 2017
Book Review: Breen, Keith. 2012. Under Weber's Shadow: Modernity, Subjectivity and Politics in Habermas, Arendt and MacIntyre. E-International Relations. 17/04/2017
Book Review: Hahnel, Robin and Eric Olin Wright. 2014. Alternatives to Capitalism: Proposals for a Democratic Economy. British Journal of Sociology. 05/08/2016.
- since Oct 2018: co-convenor of the Citizens, Nations and Migration Network (University of Edinburgh)
- since Sept 2018: Member of the Senatus Academicus of the University of Edinburgh
- Research Assistant and Visiting Doctoral Researcher at Sociology, University of Edinburgh (July 2017 - January 2018)
- since 2017: Co-founder and research co-ordinator (Scotland) of the interdisciplinary research network "World of Work".
- since 2017: Member of the editorial board of H-Citizenship Network
- 2017-2018: Member of the American Sociological Association
- 2018/09/03-04: Organisation of Radical Democratic Citizenship, funded by CISRUL and CNaM.
- 2016/03/21-22: Member of the organising committee for the conference “New Directions”. Organised by Sociology, University of Edinburgh.(forthcoming)
- 2015/12/10-11: Organisational support for the conference “Weber / Simmel Antagonisms: Staged Dialogues”. Organised by the Max Weber Group of the British Sociological Association and Sociology, University of Edinburgh.
- 2015/11/06: Co-Organising and chairing the roundtable discussion "Migrant Voices - Public Narratives". Organised by Sociology, University of Edinburgh in collaboration with Archivio delle Memorie Migranti (Rome, Italy) and LIVED (Charity)
2011-2012: Magister Litterarum (Master of Letters) in International Political Theory, The University of St Andrews / United Kingdom
Dissertation: 'Arendt Dates Marx: Capitalism as the Mortician of Worldliness'
2008-2011: BSc (Bachelor of Science) in Economics and Management, Libera Università di Bolzano (The Free University of Bolzano) / Italy
2011, Summer term: Marmara University, Istanbul, Turkey (ERASMUS)
2009, Summer term: National Sun-Yat-Sen University, Kaohsiung, Taiwan (awarded via a bilateral university agreement)
PhD Fellowship at CISRUL for 2016-2019 (full stipend / RCUK level)
Scholarship from the region South-Tyrol in Italy for 2009-2011: “Borsa di Studio della Provincia Autonoma di Bolzano, Alto Adige”